.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July!


As our annual 3rd of July event, Todd, Jack, and I (oh, and the wieners) met up with Cathy and her crew at Lake Normandale for Summer Fete festivities and fireworks. It would have been really awesome had the blonde not been leading the blonde and we ended up in the 8400 ramp instead of the 8500 ramp and ¼ of the fireworks were blocked by the tower. Oops.

It was still fun and we had our very own wiener dog races at the top of the ramp after the fireworks. Ginger always won. She needs to be entered in races, she’s a natural!!!
Me, on the other hand, am not a natural runner and I managed to, barely, make it from my house around Harriet. I was so happy to see 47th Street and turn off the lake, I think I was totally dragging my feet the rest of the way home. I’m lucky I didn’t get run over! I think I will attempt it again this evening, for torture, if nothing else.
On the 4th, we decided it was time to expose Jack to the wonderful world of horse racing. Canterbury was having “Family Day”, so there was pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, free hot dogs, and my personal favorite, a wiener dog race on the horse track.
Shaggy haired boy. He was admiring a goat. (No, Jack, you can't have one)
Jack's becoming quite the photographer, we are centered AND in focus!
We bet a little, ate a little, laughed at the people there a little (the people watching is almost as good as the state fair). It was fun and we won 10 bucks on our last $2 bet, so Jack got a little horse necklace to remember the day. He thought it was WAY cool.
All in all, it was a nice holiday and we are all looking forward to Friday because:

comes out in all its GLORY!

Woohoo!!!

Review to follow….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home