.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nope, still not dead.

We joined the YMCA.

(insert song here)

My back fat is starting to creep over my jeans and Bubba's come back from his year-long hiatus. Ok, granted, we've been eating like crap lately, and it's mostly my fault. I am the one making the fried bologna sandwiches at 9:00 at night and I am the one who bakes all that French bread and makes strawberry meringue clouds for dessert and it is me who cooks CONSTANTLY. It gives me a sense of control in a world full of chaos. I just happen to be making myself and my family into porkers in the process. Out of pure guilt over the late-night bologna, I went to the gym this morning at 5:15 am. Yes, MORNING. I got home at 6:20am...which is earlier than I usually drag myself out of bed on a normal Tuesday.

Guilt. I have lots of it. We spent a good chunk of the weekend at the "Y". I am bound and determined to really use it and make Todd, too. It helps that our fee will be cut almost in half from Blue Cross Blue Shield if we both go 8 times a month. Nothing like dangling that carrot in front of me to motivate me to go....well, that, and the thought of trying to squeeze my post holiday fat into a swimsuit. Ewwwww.

Other than the over-eating habits of the family, I am finally over my cold. Todd is booked out until May. Jack is doing well in school and is reading like a mad-man. His favorite author is Bruce Coville, who writes Science Fiction for youngsters. Ross is excited to join the "Y" and go to the new facility they built in Andover. Andrew is coming to the states for a couple weeks this month and Todd ate one of his boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mints. Sigh. Sorry, Andrew, I wasn't looking for a second! We've been babysitting Cupcake a lot, since Jessica is traveling a bunch for work. It's like mini-dog chaos in our house all the time. I really think she believes she's just a really furry wiener dog. Ginger has learned to love her, too and quit trying to beat her up all the time.

It's cold and rainy and the perfect night for hot-dish (dear God, did I say that???) and it would be a great night to stay in and curl up on the couch and watch a movie, but, alas!, I have to go to the 1st Communion parent meeting at church. The sacrifices I make as a Catholic guilt-ridden mother.

We have no children this weekend, I plan on working overtime, if I can get it, because, though I try to collect money, it seems to slip through my fingers like grains of sand through the kitty litter scooper.

Have an awesome week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home