.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm So Puzzled!

So, does spending 10+ hours working on a jigsaw puzzle in my jammies qualify me as a bum? I haven't decided if I feel productive by doing that or lazy. I'm leaning toward lazy, but I DID get the WHOLE CITY done and now all I have left is the water and sky. I bonded with our dining room table and my butt hurts from sitting on those wooden chairs for so long, but I'm ALMOST DONE!!!

The only person in the house that actually got dressed for the day was Ross, the rest of us never even made it to the shower until late Sunday night. Todd even took the movie back in his jammies, though I think he did put shoes on instead of wearing his slippers out the door. Speaking of the movie...

Friday, we watched the Fantastic 4, and I have to say, it wasn't fantastic. I fell asleep to avoid the pain of watching it. Ugh.

Earlier, Jack had his first Gross Science class at Pershing and they dared the kids to eat the mealworms on their cookies, and neither Jack nor Luke would eat them. No big shock, neither one of them are really the adventurous type, and Luke won't even eat a banana, so worms are a pretty big stretch.

Saturday, Jack and Luke went to LEGO camp at the Science Museum and Todd, Ross, and I went and saw the Baja movie at their theater. It was ALMOST as lame as the Fantastic 4. Sigh. All I can say is, thank God their movies are only 50 minutes long.

After dinner, which was the highlight of the day since I made these KICK-ASS potstickers and Todd, Jack, and I totally pigged out on them, I think I made 60 and there were about 5 left at the end of the night. Ross wouldn't even try them, because, well, he and Luke have something in common about picky eating (ask Jessica about the HOT DOG incident someday...seriously, she still hasn't forgiven him). I then sat myself down at the dining room table until midnight working on the puzzle from HELL. I sat there almost all day on Sunday, too. Occasionally, Todd would come by and add a couple edge pieces to the top, Jack would bounce by or sit and read for a few minutes, Ross would saunter through the dining room with a look of complete boredom on his face.

We are so lame...I know, I know.

Since I kept obsessing (I know ME obsess??? NEVER!!!) about the whole terrorism thing and why would anyone want to kill thousands of innocent people ALONG with themselves, and since I was spending HOURS putting together a puzzle of buildings that were not even there anymore due to aforementioned mentioned terrorist attack, Todd has decided that he is going to teach me about brainwashing and everyday he's going to yell in my face, "YOU NEED TO DRIVE YOUR CAR INTO THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER AND KILL EVERYONE" to see if it works, and to see if I start to understand how people can terrorize and brainwash each other. Problem is, every time he does it, I start LAUGHING. I guess I'll never be a suicide bomber, so I better find something else to do in retirement.

And there are so many job openings I hear!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home