.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Fun Never Stops

Overheard Conversations at the Cube Farm:

Amy: James! Guess what! Todd and I are going out tonight!

James: Oh, really? Where are you going?

Amy: Dusty's! We need to get there early so we can make the Meat Raffle!

James: The meat raffle? You're kidding.

Amy: No, really the meat is from Hackenmeullers, they rock!

James: I am silently judging you....


Well, we made it there by 4:45, so we are officially really old, since we are eating dinner on a Friday night at 5:00. They make these fabulous Dago sandwiches things that are sooooo bad for you but soooo tasty. We got home at 6. Our big night out. BUT, we won at the raffle and came home with 2 Porterhouse steaks on the first drawing! We were the envy of everyone there! Not that that's saying much, but IN YOUR FACE JAMES! I'll think of your cynicism while I'm chewing on beef tomorrow night.

As a side note, I should say that James is one of my favorite coworkers since I live my life vicariously through him. He is about 10 years younger than me, and has a WAY more exciting life than I do. He keeps me up to date on all the restaurants and bars that are THE places to go (ok, not that I ever go out, but it's still nice to be in the know) and he loves giving me crap about being old, which I feed into since I always need to share about married life with kids and scrapbooking.


Oh, and the tree lights FINALLY went off at 7:31pm on Friday the 13th. The decorations are all off the tree my Christmas light vigil of 49 days is done....until next November!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home