.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday, Monday, la la, la la la la


This is their new favorite spot, smack in the middle of the sofa on the chenille pillows their little claws have pretty much destroyed. Ginger only lifted her head long enough to see what I was doing and then went back to sleep. A very good indicator of our weekend.

I was vexed by the puzzle. I spent HOURS working on the dang thing only to have to destroy all my hard work when we had 6 people over for Sunday dinner. By the way, I made this AMAZING Brazilian Black Bean soup and the kids all loved it! Seriously, Cathy and I kept looking at each other thinking no one would touch it, but we just served it and the picky eater even asked for seconds! No lie, it was really good and I think it helped that I doubled the meat in it. Nothing like sausage and bacon to call to the young, growing adolescents.

I also have a confession: my tree is still up. I know, I know, I was GOING to take it down and put the Christmas stuff away, but it was the PUZZLE. It was calling to me. Then, I had to color my hair, then I played with my new deep fryer, then, the day was over. I am terrible. But, the tree still looks good, and I'm hoping to at least get the ornament box from the basement and have it stare at me guiltily until I put them away. I'm good with guilt. It's a motivational tool.

We also have a new addition (almost) to our family. Jack now is the proud father of an empty fish tank. It's only 10 gallons and is now getting ready to be a home for some new fish. I think we are going shopping for them tomorrow. I know nothing about raising fish, so I anticipate we will have lots of funerals around our bathroom bowl. I'll post pictures when we get our new fishes.

Busy day, I must get back to the grind, I'll leave you with this joke for the day:

There was a blonde driving down the road one day. She glanced to her right and noticed another blonde sitting in a nearby field. She was in a boat rowing, with no water in sight. The blonde angrily pulled her car over and yelled at the rowing blonde, "What do you think you're doing? It's things like this that give us blondes a bad name. If I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your butt!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home