.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Hunt!!

And here is the site for our official "kill" of this year.
Note the day-glo orange of Jack's hat and mittens
so he is not mistaken for a tree and cut down.
It almost happened last year, so don't laugh.
Oooo, that's a pretty one, I like that one.

"No, I like this one, better", says Todd.
Ok, but it looks an awful lot like the one I picked out.

Ross isn't really into the hunt this year.
What is that on his legs you say?
Didn't you know the official tree hunting gear is...

Oh, yes, holey jeans and tennis shoes. Where have YOU been???
Note, Jack in the background having issues with his socks,
so he stops in the middle of the trail to take off his boots
and pull his socks back up. The thrills of the hunt.
Todd's been working on the tree, and decides to have Jack catch it.
Note, those jeans. First time he's fit into them in about 10 years. That's what happens when you take away a mans Fritos.
Nice behind, honey! Heh Heh Heh.

Ross pulls away our prize-winning "kill" of the season.
This one's a keeper.

Um, yeah, we couldn't take the Yukon because Todd
isn't ready to let anything as harmful as a Christmas Tree
sit on the roof, yet. I guess 3 accidents and 5 paint jobs
aren't enough to make him feel like we've gotten
the first scratch on it, so we all crammed into the Jeep.
I still think the best thing about the Jeep is the NRA license plate holder.
It makes the other moms look at me very oddly at Jack's
super liberal Catholic School. But then, we all know the truth:
the last time I shot a gun, I dropped it. Oops.
So here is the tree later that night after the
Christmas Tree Meltdown of '05.
Yes, I had all those presents waiting to go
under the tree on the 26th of November.
Why, weren't you done?

Hahahaha, ok, total lie, that picture was taken today.
The tree looks kinda sparce, but it looks nice in person.
I haven't turned the lights out since the 26th, because
I'm afraid they won't come back on.

Thanks for tuning in to our annual hunt, and I don't want to
hear from all you tree huggers that think it's WRONG to cut
down a perfectly healthy tree just so I can have it as a
trophy in my home. You will have to pry that saw out of my
COLD DEAD HAND!!!

Get it? NRA Joke? Nevermind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a little confused with this BLOGGER thing but, This web page is really awsome i get to see what you guys do while im gone, good idea. I get your NRA joke it's really funny...anyways tell dad good luck with his buiness and tell him to drop me a line every once and a while!
Love Spc Brightman

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home