.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Praise the Computer Illiterates!!

Some days, I love my job. They don't expect that much of me and they praise me when I work extra hard. I always do what they ask, no matter how mundane and menial the task at hand is. Some days, I hate it and want to run screaming from the building, like when I'm asked to alphabetize 2000 files, but such is life. The days I really love it is when someone asks me to do something in Excel or Word that, to them, is really complicated, but for me is a piece of cake. I try to look like I'm thinking really hard, "Hrmmm, that's a good question", I say. Then I get to WOW them with my limited computer knowledge. Which is, really limited.

Being Mom also has it's wondrous moments, but this week, I failed miserably in the "mom" department. Jack is the greatest, he really is, but I lost it on Tuesday morning. I won't go into great detail, but let's just say, that boy can putz and dilly dally with the best of them. So, I basically went postal on the kid. Then, when I saw his sad little face when I dropped him off at school, I felt like crap. Guilt chewed at my insides like my old ulcer for about 2 hours until I drove back to school. I walked up to his class (they were having indoor recess due to the rain) and my happy little boy came running over to me and gives me a big hug. I feel like such a heel.

"Do you know why I'm here?"

"You came to apologize", he says with a big grin.

Busted. I'm so predictable.

So we kissed and made up and he agreed to get out of bed the first, not 50th time I ask. By ask, I mean yelling at glass breaking decibels. He also agreed to quit whining about practicing Karate and Piano. "You have no choice", I tell him. "When you are the parent, you can torture your kids to take Piano." He skipped back into class and I went back to work, guilt mostly gone and happy that my son didn't use me as the imaginary enemy during his Karate class that morning, because you know, I had to ask.

Tomorrow, Todd and I are going here. I wish I could say that I'm very excited, but it will just be a relief to have a couple days to ourselves. No dogs, no kids, no internet (woohoo!!! I am doing the happy dance, because that means Todd will have no eBay!!) no crap to deal with in general. It's going to be sooo nice, but excited? Maybe when we get there. Or at least on the road away from it all. My father actually seems kind of excited to watch the wieners. Should be interesting. He's planning on spoiling them all weekend with pork bones and said he would try to match them minute to minute for naps. The sacrifices he makes for his granddoggies. What a guy.

Well, it's late for me to still be here and I think I'm going to head home. I'll fill you in next week on all (ok, not ALL) of our weekend adventures and I'll be sure to take pictures. Ok, not THOSE kind of pictures. Stop it, your naughty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home