.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

Mmmmm, more Chai

Ok, my addiction isn't getting better, but at least it's not getting worse. You can only drink so many fluids before you become water logged like an old sponge in the bottom of the dish drainer, so I do have limits.

Another weekend gone, and I wish I had some remarkable wit and charm to bestow on you concerning my exciting jet set lifestyle full of romance and distant travels, but, alas, JoAnn Crafts, Sams Club, and Cub Foods were the only places that I managed to grace with my presence this weekend. Oh, I did do a very brief tour through Southdale in search of the beginnings of my Christmas List and managed to pick up a white fluffy, furry, sweater (yes, for me) that will, I'm sure, be just as popular with the preteen crowd as my pink fluffy, furry sweater is. Todd just rolls his eyes when I get dressed in the morning. I don't understand what my fascination is with the faux fur thing. It must have to do with something about feeling deprived as a child for not having more fake fur dress up clothes? Lack of stuffed animals? No, no, no, that's not it. I still have nightmares about Grandma's fox fur collar (Collar? It was a baby fox, ick!!) and Jack STILL has some of my stuffed animals I had when I was born. Since we know I am completely nuts and have no fashion sense, we'll just go with it.

I do have the Halloween Party coming up for Jack and we have 2 RSVP's so far. True to form of RSVP-ing for children parties, everyone waits until the last minute, but I'm ahead of the game! I planned for them all to come and if they don't, I am not going to stress, I'm going to eat their food! Yes, I'm making stuff I like to eat, so more for me. Muh-ha-ha!

I'm starting to feel guilty about not posting any pictures on this blog lately. Call it Catholic guilt...I'm teaching the next session of Sunday School, which means about 8 weeks, give or take, so the guilt is leaking out in all areas. I'll go find a pretty picture and post it here:

Look at the pretty Chai.


Oh! And my hopes and dreams of becoming a grandma are finally realized. I just wasn't expecting a grandson quite so...small and black:

His name is John Black, and Jessica is fighting her allergies to keep him and we wish them both well! We are still trying to arrange the first play date with the Weiners. I'm imagining the interaction and can't stop laughing. He'll take both the dogs out with one swipe of those razor sharp kitten claws! The best humor is free, really. I asked Todd if we could get a kitten and he said I could get a cat, so long as he could get a girlfriend. Hrmmmm, I'm still thinking....does she clean?

Next week, I will fill you in on all our fun Halloween Adventures and have more pictures, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home