.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

Why Do I Have The Theme For Mr. Rogers In My Head?

It really is a beautiful day. I can't believe is October 17th and 70 degrees out! I think I'm getting old because time just flies by and I wonder where it keeps going. I realized Friday afternoon that my property taxes were due by Saturday. Oops! I just can't believe it's already that late in the year and I have my first parent-teacher conference of the year tomorrow. I'm sure it will be great fun with both Todd and my ex there. The excitement never stops!
Hrmmmm, updating on our lives....
We had our Church Directory picture taken Saturday...The photographer told Todd to say "Amy's always right!" So of course, Todd started laughing, so we got a good picture with a genuine smile, It will also be our Christmas picture, and a nice one, unlike last year when it looked like he was sitting on a hot poker and I'll let you in on a little secret...We were all wearing jeans and totally did not match from the waist down. You'll see it, it'll make you laugh because we looked HOT from the waist up.
Ross was with us this weekend and both the boys got to spend a bunch of time with Reed and Graham. Tim took the boys to see Wallace and Gromit and both the boys said it was awful. Jack looked at me with this really serious face and said, "Mom, it sucked." After stifling a laugh, I said, "You mean it stunk". To which he replied, "No, it really sucked." So there is the movie review of the week. I'd go into more detail, but I can't since I wasn't there.
I also discovered this weekend the secret to the crispy pizza crust at home: the grill. After being reprimanded by the family Fireman for having a grill on a wooden deck (no, Tim, it's not REAL wood, it just pretends it's real wood) we attempted to recreate the thin and crispy crust Todd so wishes we could make at home. It worked great, but it had to go into the oven for a few minutes to get the top done, which was fine since that's where my thick and chewy pizza was cooking. We also made ribs this weekend and did it Saturday night so they could cook all night long...The boys were going to watch the football game and eat ribs, but as everyone knows, the Vikings SUCK, in more ways than one. Ok, I've told this joke to just about everyone I know, but I'll put it in here on the off-chance I missed you.

How many Minnesota Vikings does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None, they screw in a yacht.

Now if you didn't get the joke, you have missed the entire scandal regarding the Vikings and prostitutes on Al and Alma's boat cruise last week, and for that, I'm sorry. It's a riot and they should all be severely fined and the money should go for the new stadium they want so bad. Or just fired, because I don't watch football and don't care. I like seeing them in trouble, tho, because they are arrogant and dense. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, but I can live with that.

Back to my interesting life, um, well maybe not so interesting...I've started working on my Christmas list for those of you I buy presents for, and so if there's something you desire, let me know NOW! Or else, I'm making it up and you have to live with my choices. We are taking a vacation the week after Christmas to Colorado, so I want to have everything done early so I can have a nice, relaxing holiday season before all hell breaks loose and we take our first road trip in the truck. Aaack!!
I'm hoping my father will watch the wieners. Dad? Do you read this?? We'll see how it goes next month when Todd and I go away for the weekend and he's got our dogs, his dog, and if he comes out as the pack leader.
I hope ya'll had a lovely week and I wish you all a happy Monday! I know, ick, I wish I was home enjoying the beautiful day, too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bitchenostrophy said...

Am I the only one that reads this?? Come on people! Lets see some comments!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home