.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's Almost Friday!

I've been slow in posting this week due to a delay in getting the pictures I wanted...last weekend, Todd and I helped Jessica "While You Were Out" her friends bedroom. Kevin is 28 and the Jamacian beer towel over the window and beer clock HAD TO GO. We weren't allowed to get rid of the furniture he grew up with, so we were limited in what we could do. He had no idea, he thought she was organizing his closet.
Here's what we started with, after we pulled the bed out of the room...

First, we had to come up with a game plan for all his crap. The cheap tv stand, and crappy computer desk in the background were high on the priority list of things to GO. Thankfully, they didn't fall into the "childhood memories" catagory, so they were fair game. Out they went! After, of course, we cut the internet supply to the house and screwed up everything so his brother couldn't get on the net and guilted us to no end for being "girls".

So, we painted:

and painted:

and built a headboard:

Ok, so Jack didn't really DO anything, but it sure looks like he was working hard, doesn't it?
I really wish we had more shots of us trying to do this, but we have now coined the term, "the blonde leading the blonde", because that's about what it was like when you get Jessica and I together on a project like this. Good thing Todd was there to run the tools so we didn't end up in urgent care.
After hours and hours of work, here's what it turned out like:

and

The desk counter was a great buy from IKEA for 50 bucks and basically made the whole room. Jess got a keyboard tray from work to install under it, she had a friend of hers install a ceiling fan, so that big black thing is gone, too. I wish I had a shot of the cool mirrors we installed... http://tinyurl.com/dxzns there it is! I stabbed my palm on the corner when Todd and I were installing it and was bleeding for hours...blood, sweat, and tears, right?
Kevin came home Sunday and was in shock for days, and he's still looking for all his stuff. He said he wouldn't change a thing and his brother says it's "girly". Oh well, we think it's awesome!
We also picked up Ross from camp on Saturday from Camp Ripley, I got really car sick, the aliens did NOT like the long drive, but I'm doing better, I've given up coffee, and I am trying to be stress free. For me, it's like trying not to breathe.
This weekend, Todd is sanding the dining room and hallway floors, they are awful and though we'll end up with an edge, we don't care there's NO WAY we will be able to do the whole house before the wedding. Oh, yea, the wedding, I'm in denial, everything's great!
Ok, I'm going to go hide under my desk.





1 Comments:

Blogger Bitchenostrophy said...

Its about time you updated this thing. Geez. And next time call me to record all of your blood, sweat and tears on film. I want more pictures!

I think the walls are the same color as my kitchen (I call it cafe au lait but I'm sure the real color name isn't that fancy)

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home