.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

It has been a fun filled week at the homestead and Todd has been sanding and Verathaning like a mad man. Isn't the living room floor just lovely?


He's working on the rest of the house and we are playing beat the clock to get it done before August 1st...the day Lei moves back in. EEK!!! I'll be doing a marathon paint job this weekend finishing up. The punch list is so long, I'm getting freaked!
The boys were home all weekend, they went to a double feature on Sunday when I went to my Bridal Luncheon, which I am happy to say, I survived. Yummmmm, wine is goooood. I HATE being the center of attention and Jessica did a fabulous job keeping me out of it.
We went to see Steve Poltz this weekend also, which was a fabulous show, but I am getting old and can't stay out late like Todd's mother, who has a better social life than the rest of us put together. Here's a great picture of my new scary dye job my friend Mary took at the show:


Ok, so that's actually my natural color with no sun highlights. Nice dirty laundry water color, right? And this is a lovely picture of Steve singing his heart out. Mary describes his show as watching an accident, you just can't look away (thanks for letting me "borrow" your picture, ok, next time I'll ask first. :)

After spending 3.25 hours laying in the Lazy River at Cascade Bay earlier that day, my eyes hurt so bad I felt like they were coated in sand. I did find out that is my limit. My eyes were killing me, I was a complete prune, my hair was clear, and I gave into nature calling. It was so nice though. I needed to relax a bit, and it's way cheaper than therapy.

The wedding is coming up fast and so after three different tries of how to match the wedding flowers, we decided to go with this:

http://www.weddingsandflowers.com/Wedding_in_a_Box_Dream.html

they match everything! The plans are coming along and one of these days I will get ahold of the music director at church and have her pick the music. That way, it's one less thing I need to worry about. I already started having wedding nightmares...imagine a dark and stormy night, a bright red dress, the photographer missing, and us driving around in a mini Mystery Machine. All we needed was the ghouls and the cheesy chases.

On the weekly gathering we have been starting, we had 2 guests this week. People think a little thunderstorm and a tornado watch is going to put a stop to us having a BBQ. PUHLEEZE! We just used an umbrella over the grill. I ate too much and we made awesome suncatchers. Nana nana boo boo to all of you who thought we'd cancel due to rain!

More to come...

Smooches to all,

Amy








3 Comments:

Blogger Bitchenostrophy said...

Oh my god the hardwood floors look great! Todd does good work.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Bitchenostrophy said...

By the way, I stole that picture of Poltz from someone else!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This is the BEST quote ever! I say, you do share a little much, don't you?

"I gave into nature calling. It was so nice though. I needed to relax a bit, and it's way cheaper than therapy."

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home