.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, July 18, 2005

Another Busy Weekend

Todd and I volunteered at the 89.3 booth at the Minnesota Orchestra, Marshall Fields Day of Music on Friday night and we had a great time! It's kind of hard not to when you have people telling you for three hours how much they love you and the station. Ok, the real reason I signed us up was so I could get my 89.3 t-shirt, shallow, but well, it's the truth. The night's line up included some old hippy doing an interpretive dance to every song, which was highly entertaining...it was almost like the First Avenue Nightclub girls, only older, uglier, and hairier. Well, maybe not uglier, those girls aren't exactly supermodels, but definately hairier.
We took the Fat Boy down there, and the motorcycle (I never get sick of that joke!!) and the ride home was absolutely perfect, but down there was like riding through an oven on broil. I felt like a fresh pork rind when we got there...Oh, we went for Dago's at Dustys first, nothing like a sausage sandwich with carmelized onions and peppers to make me feel like a heifer in heat. Mmmm, sausage...
Saturday, I ran errands and had lunch with Jan. She's my new scrapbooking queen. I keep threatening Todd I'm going to start scrapbooking as a hobby and he swears it's grounds for divorce. I think I'll stick to greeting cards. I made my first one last night and it looks weird, I need practice. They look so pretty in the books and what I make looks more like 1st grade meets the computer.
We spent the bulk of yesterday at the duplex painting, sanding, painting and did I say painting? It looks great though, and we are almost done with all the base coats. Colorwashing will probably be next weekend. Here's what it looks like:


Our pretty sander Posted by Picasa


The kitchen cabinets...almost done!! Posted by Picasa


The nifty edge sander Posted by Picasa
The bare floor with a lot of patching.
The pretty bathroom, retro is IN!
We are having our first Monday Night Neighborhhod BBQ tonight, so let's hope no one beats up anyone else with the croquet mallets. I love summer!!
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home