.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 31, 2005

BOO!


I had this really bizarre twitch in my right eyelid that started on Saturday morning. I thought it was odd, but dismissed it. Then, it continued ALL day and not with any breaks where it would stop twitching for half a minute, it was constant. I could look in the mirror and see it going tick, tick, tick like the little clock on my windowsill, only faster and on my face. I figured it was due to stress about the party, but when I woke up on Sunday, it was still there! All day long. Creepiest thing to be living with for two solid days. Thankfully, this morning, no twitch. I can stop pulling on my eyelid all day and I no longer want to punch myself in the face. It's the little things in life, really.

The Halloween party was a success. I wish I could say it was a raging or exciting or fabulous blastomatic par-tay, but it wasn't. The boys were fairly well behaved, but they hated my cheddar soup. Goes to show you what kind of taste they have. They loved the white chocolate eyeballs, though, and the monster toes, which were made from cheddar filled lil smokies wrapped in tortilla strips with ketchup on the end for a bloody effect. I made these awesome carvings from acorn squash so they looked like little Jack O' Lanterns and filled them with dip. I baked 16 buns to serve the soup in that most of them wouldn't even touch. I'm an idiot. A total idiot. The kids didn't care, I should have made macaroni and cheese. I did have this interesting conversation with Jack on Sunday about the party, though. He commented about one of his friends being really wild at the party which spawned a whole topic about introverts and extroverts. Jack is an introvert. I am an introvert. So is Todd, but the weiners are definately extroverts. It was difficult to explain it to him...the way people are wired differently. Jack said he feels "weird" in big groups and I told him that's why I tend to stay in the kitchen when we have large groups of people in the house. I feel safe there. I remember feeling that way when I was young but never understanding it. I hope he has a better time with it than I did. I grew up feeling like a social outcast. Ahhh, the lovely memories of youth. Ick.

My movie review of the week happens to be of Batman Begins. We watched it yesterday, the perfect thing for a rainy Sunday afternoon and I have to say this movie was FABULOUS! Partly because of the theater Todd built into our basement, fondly called the batcave. It is the perfect surround sound movie and I loved the way they explained how Gotham ended up with so many nut jobs. Todd came home from the Southdale theater when he took the boys to see it and proclaimed he must own this film when it was released on DVD, I scoffed at his enthusiam only to have my opinion completely transformed about 10 minutes into the movie. Mucho fun, and my mother said it was awful and loud and they couldn't watch it. There's your review of the week. Rent it, or come over and watch our copy downstairs.

Well, I'm off to hand out Halloween candy to the little ones that are brave enough to come to our door. I think Todd's going to be answering the door in his gorilla mask. Me? I'm Halloweenied out. After the 50th and France gig on Saturday morning (I brought the weiners in their costumes which was a BIG mistake since every child who saw them had to pet them and try to feed them their candy) and then the party at our house and then the Cub Scout party last night. Ugh. I was ready to start putting decorations away last night. Jack is at his other house tonight, so Todd and I will have a relaxing night at home with the dogs going berzerk every time the door bell rings.

Ahhhhhhh, I'll just focus on the lovely memories of youth and remember all the candy I got and would hoard until May in the freezer. Nothing better than frozen Snickers chopped up with apple slices. YUMMY!!!!!

Happy Halloween!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home