.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Shameless Product Plug


I've been meaning to share this for some time, but I have lacked the initiative. The picture is kinda small, but the point of it all is that I have tried the over-the-counter glycolic peel kit and I have to say, I've noticed a HUGE difference. Basically, the two women I know who have the best skin, in my humble opinion, go once a month for glycolic peels. Now, being the super tight-wad that I am, I have a very difficult time justifying spending 75$ a month to do this. There's things I just don't spend money on and having someone else pamper me is one of them. I realize that this is supposed to be ingrained into our estrogen and our female species that this is just what we, as women, are supposed to do, but I just can't bring myself to get on that band wagon. I confess, Todd cuts my hair in the bathtub. I get 1 professional pedicure a year (ok, 2 this year...the wedding was number 2) because in the spring, my heels are just icky. But, I color my own hair, do my own updo's, and after my one eyebrow waxing experience (yes, wedding, again), pluck my own eyebrows. But, the point of it all is this: I'm getting old. I don't want to get old. I want to look like I'm 30 for as long as possible.

It started when Jessica took me to the mall to buy new foundation, and I couldn't get the crap to look right on my forehead. It was cakey and gross no matter how well I blended and how much or little I used. It was the wrinkles. I. Have. Wrinkles. There, I said it.

So the day I was at Cub Foods and saw this new product and it was on SALE and then someone left this little 3 dollars off coupon for me to use, I figured it was fate telling me I was getting nasty looking and I should do something about it. So, I bought it.

I have graduated to the microderm abrasion kit, also. It's granules are so tiny they get into your pores and really clean out the gook. Technical term, feel free to use it. But, I thought I would share this knowledge with those of you who have been on the fence or have been running into the same problem with your forehead, or cheeks, or whatever other part of your body this may apply to. Getting old bites and I'm going to fight it for as long as possible. Todd is getting distinguished and I'm just getting dried out and prunish. No, not prudish, prune-ish.


I just wish I could turn back the hands of time and take back all those hours I spent baking in the sun coated with baby oil. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home