.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, November 21, 2005

The Gay Philosopher

We had a lovely weekend. It started by sleeping in until 8 o'clock on Friday morning. We then went over to one of the houses Todd is working on and sanded and put another coat of Verathane on the hardwood floors. It was so romantic. Though, I did catch a pretty good buzz of the fumes. We dropped the weiners off at Grandpa's house and off we went.

We got up to the hotel, got settled, had a nice dinner and then went for a sauna/swim/hot tub experience. I actually swam in the pool! Since I've barely entered one since I was a child, this was a big thing. I want a sauna and a pool now. Todd said I could have a sauna and a hot tub, but no pool. I figure if we took out Ross' room, moved the bath and laundry, we could build one in the basement. But, I was outvoted by the guy that would be doing the plumbing. Sigh.

It's a very weird thing that we woke up at 5 am both days we were there. We layed in bed, watched tv, Todd took a dip in the whirlpool tub that was in our room, I read a book, but we were awake and moving by 5. Then, THIS morning, I couldn't drag myself out of bed before 7. What's up with that??? I mean, ok, we stopped by the cabin and found all our stuff and a brand new bottle of vodka we forgot we had and WOW! We have cream and Kahlua at home and we could have White Russians!!! And maybe, I had a little too much. They do go down like chocolate milk. I did kinda feel like a team of Siberian hunters were doing the Barynya on my head when I woke up this morning. But, STILL!

Anyway, the weekend was nice, I got a couple more pages done in Jack's baby book, we were able to lounge and relax and we even enjoyed each others company for a few minutes here and there. I designed the mythical remodel I will do to the house when I suddenly come into $150,000 and Todd got to do his exploring and driving around in the car...truck...whatever. Cleaning out the cabin was a lot easier than I thought since certain things were missing that shouldn't have been so I cussed and cursed and it kept my blood boiling until I was able to leave. We now have a snowmobile trailer sitting in our yard and as soon as our old broken-down camper shows up, we'll be perfect white trash. Woohoo! I think we need to put the Cadillac up on blocks in the yard, too.

Sorry there's no other pictures, but Todd forgot to bring the camera. The story behind the philosopher is this: it's a lamp. Serious, I do not lie. It came from the cabin. Jack was DEATHLY afraid of it for about 2 years and wouldn't even enter the cabin unless I put it in the closet, so, I brought it home for him to keep in his room. He says he doesn't want it though. Go figure.

I'm off to help Jack build a lego house for his Thomas Edison project for school. I'll be sure to post a picture of it when it's done.
Try to keep a lid on your excitement until then.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home