.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'd like to take what's in the box, Monty!

So I was getting grief from one of my Libra friends who doesn't even start her shopping until Christmas Eve (Ok, so I started in October, but I didn't write ANYTHING down until November) she was once married to a Virgo (I think I cause her flashbacks to her marital days) and says there are two words to describe me and those two words are Anal Retentive. I'd argue with her, but it's the sad, sad truth. You see, those two presents up there are underneath my Christmas tree. The large one was wrapped by Todd and the smaller one was wrapped by me. I did both the bows and, yes, the one Todd wrapped is actually for me. This isn't as surprising as what happened the next day.

Amy: This box has been sitting on the floor here for a couple days.

Todd: It's waiting for you to wrap it.

Amy: Oh, Ok. (She goes and gets wrapping paper and makes a pretty bow for it, adds the jingle bells, goes and gets the tag, which she made with her new stamping set she bought so everyone could have their very own hand made tag because why? Oh, yes, it comes back to that retentive thing....) Wait, Who is this one for?

Todd: You.

See, Todd understands that I have this control issue with the tree (do we remember Christmas Tree Meltdown of '05?) and I like all the presents under it to MATCH. Why? Beats me. I think it just gives me a sense of control in a world full of chaos.

Who's the other one for, you ask?

You'll have to wait until Christmas to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home