.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

The Puzzle that Haunts Me


The puzzle is almost done (see above, it gives you the general idea). My life is revolving around this damn puzzle and it's making me (more) CRAZY!

Todd finished the water part on Sunday morning after I found the soggy, chewed, and well-loved MISSING piece on the rug in the living room. If the piece wasn't already almost black, I would have killed the Wieners. After we left it out to dry and sort of formed it back to it's original shape, Todd used the wonders of SHARPIE to make it looks like it belongs. They are so lucky...this time...

Jack wasn't home this weekend until last night, so I put overtime in at work. Have I mentioned I hate working weekends? There is the quiet solitude of being in the building by myself, but since all I had to look forward to afterwards was running errands and paying bills, Saturday sucked the big one all the way around. Jessica did come over for dinner and saved me from misery and kept me company while we worked on the PUZZLE, but then she was depressed because she spent a Saturday night at home with the Rents working on a puzzle. I do always say nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

After my monthly breakdown after paying the bills, (TODD!!! We are PO! We need better BUDGETS and we need to ECONOMIZE! Reduce, reuse, RECYCLE!!) This goes on for about an hour, then I calm down and all is well. My poor husband, between pms and the monthly bill breakdown, I'm surprised he hasn't gone running screaming from the house. Oh wait, he has. Nevermind.

Todd is actually doing a really good job getting RID of some of the VALUABLE stuff he has stowed away in the basement. You can see half the floor in his office downstairs and he has been listing things on EBAY like a mad man. YEA! (Insert Amy doing Happy Dance.) I am a minimalist. I hate extra stuff, and clutter, and crap. Todd collects things, lots and lots of things. From tools to drums, Todd loves it all. Ick, ick, ick!! Maybe, I just need drugs. Strong, take-the-anal-out-of-the-Virgo drugs.

If you find some, let me know, Todd would be forever grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home