.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 09, 2006

I’ve Decided I’m A Masochist

There comes a time when you have been working out long enough on a regular basis where you do not want to kill yourself every time you get up at 5am to go to the gym.

I have decided I am finally there, and not just because it feels so good when I get in the car to go back home.

I took Friday off of work and the only thing I planned to do was run 3 miles and go to BodyPump class, where I was hoping to increase my weights by a few pounds and squat lower, lift higher, and not put my knees down during push ups.

Then, feeling tight and sore on Saturday, I thought, “Wow, I should take a yoga class to stretch out!” So, I ran another 3 miles and took a 75 minute Fitness Yoga II class.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Sunday, I was sore in places I never knew I had muscles. Yes, I had heard that the yoga teacher was hard-core, but I also knew she was 3+ months pregnant. I figured I could keep up with a pregnant woman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA, stupid me.

Today, I only ran two and a half miles because my butt and thighs are still sore, but I got up and left at 5:30am for the gym.

I’m either insane, or it still feels so good when I get in the car and go back home.

Probably both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home