.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day Four, I'm in a Reality Show...


Quote from Amy, hiding in a tent, kinda like the photo/camcorder thing in the You Are In 1800's America series, which is the only reality series I've ever watched (I think that was about 5 years ago, too):

"Ok, day four…

I'm still alive, Todd and I haven'’t killed anyone (most likely it would have been each other, and I am sitting in a tent at 3:00 in the afternoon in Jasper, Alberta, Canada. Mountain Time)

I am sick of being in the car.

I am sick of living out of coolers.

On top of it all, I got my period.

Thankfully, the last 2 nights we were staying in these really cute cabins just South of Banff. The town reminds me a lot of Breckenridge. Very cute, though the hot guys walking around were more of the hippy tree hugger pony tail type, rather than the svelt shaggy haired bad-boy snow boarder type found in Breck. Not that there'’s anything wrong with either one, though, I think I am the old, "what the hell is SHE doing here", type.

Today, we awoke at the butt crack of dawn and high tailed it up the Ice Fields road thing to Jasper. Tomorrow, we high tail it home. I'm getting rather tense, because Todd keeps forgetting what day it is and how fast we need to get out of here.

We need to be home Wednesday night. Right now we are in the middle of BFE Canada and there'’s no quick way to jump south and go home.


Canadians suck at road signs.


Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

There are of effing lot of foreigners up here. Ok, yes, I know, I happen to be one of them, but there are some hard core bicyclers, hikers, and other people that dress entirely in Gore-tex and bungee cords. Then, there are the happy family foreigners” that don't seem to know what the hell they are doing and are your typical American tourist floral t-shirt wearing dorks, except they are wearing suits and clothes nicer than I wear to work. They can'’t drive their rented RV's, and they hike in a three piece suit. I think they are from Eastern Europe. But, maybe it'’s hell, since they are just here to stand in line, ask lots of stupid questions, and block the freeway.

It's been 4 days since I'’ve used a hairbrush. I think I could grow dread locks in few more. One of those little items I forgot and haven't found one I can commit to buying.

I think I need a vacation from my vacation.


I miss the wieners."


Ok, so I promised you more pictures:

I TOLD you the water really looks like that. I spent HOURS trying to get this picture from a moving vehicle, so you better appreciate it.


See?? Really Perty.

So, for about 150 miles or whatever that reverts to in kilometers, we saw the above. It was so awesome.


Here is the picture of Todd taking a picture of the perty water and mountains. I could have gotten the one with bubba the belly in it, but he would have had a cow. Mooooo.


And the WILDLIFE! We saw several really fat chipmunks, a gopher, some elk in a pen, a ton of deer, and a dead birdie on the truck grill. Since we saw no grizzly bear, I'm good with that. Except, now I have the Carpenter's song "I'm On The Top Of The World" stuck in my head, and since that is WORSE than the Grizzly Adams theme song, I think I'm going to go bang my head on the wall to stop the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home