.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Barbie VS June

The whole family went to a wedding reception for Todd's cousin Anne on Saturday. Jessica and her friend Matt (whom none of us had ever met, yet) got done early from what they were doing and hung out at our house for a while before we had to leave to hit the Radisson.

After I was dressed in my borrowed black silk dress (that story is a whole different post) Jess said it was "too big", (I did get her approval on the shoes, though) I was tying Todd's tie when she said to Matt, "See? It's Barbie and June Cleaver, I told you." To which Matt, thoroughly agreed.

Ok, I joke about it, and there are people at work who call me Barbie. My husband has been known to call me Barbie on several occasions. While we were shopping for the Yukon it was always "Barbie wants a sunroof and leather seats". I guess I just never thought that I would be described to unknown others as Barbie meets June. It seems...odd. Deameaning in a shallow, brainless, every little girl's dream, though not so much, kind of way. Not really something I would have aspired to in my adult life.

Sunday, I told
Dave the story after dinner and he and Todd decided that I need to get up 2 hours before everyone else, so no one ever has to see me in curlers. They said I've been slacking on my morning food duties and I wear no aprons. Breakfast should be ready and waiting when the rest of them get up and I also need to go to bed before him so he doesn't have to see me without make up on.

Um, yeah, whatever, dream on there boys. You are all spoiled rotten already, so don't push your luck.


Now, I wonder which Barbie they are referring to...


I'm almost embarassed to say I own these 2.

Todd got me Harley Ken for our first Christmas together.

I think this is what is called North Minneapolis Barbie.

I don't dress like this at the gym, I SWEAR.

Um, not so much.

....I asked Todd and he says I'm Norman Bates Barbie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home