.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's Always Something

The trials and tribulations of your almost normal wacked-out mid-western several-times-over blended family.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Monday, April 17, 2006

Is It REALLY Hooky....

I played Hooky from work today...well, is it really playing hooky when you tell everyone you aren't coming in?

Another Mystery of the Universe.

Scene: Amy's house 7:37am.

Amy: "JAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKK" we have things to do, bathrooms to clean, places to go play!!!! GET UP!!!!"

Jack: "Mmmmmmnnnnthphhhhh"

Amy: "I'm calling Luke and telling him everything's off!"

Jack:: "Noooooooooooooo!!!!" At which point child bounds out of bed and goes to kitchen for breakfast after small distraction with small wieners who need love.

In comes Dave, Amy's crazy friend from Colorado, who was staying at the house for Easter.

Dave: "So, whatcha eating?"

Jack: "Cereal."

Dave: "Amy., can I hold Jack upside down so all of his blood rushes to his head and then give him a swirly?"

Amy: "Hrmmmmm, I'd really rather not."

Jack: "Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

Amy: "Hurry up and eat your cereal or I'll sic Dave on you."

At this point, the child does go get dressed, brush his teeth, and do his chores (ok, with a minor attempt at bribing me to get out of half of them, which, didn't work, since I didn't want to do his chores, either.)

9:15am Luke arrives and we all leave (Dave, getting into boat pulling semi parked in front of our house all weekend...if I didn't think the neighbors already thought we were nuts, this might phase me.)

10:15am We (Jack, Luke, and Moi) arrive at the Andover "YMCA" since they are supposed to have this Kick Ass indoor water play park for the kids.

10:25am Realize they only run the big slides from 7-9pm during the week. Crap.

10:28am Children pass water test so I can leave them with the bored lifeguard (they were the only kids there) and go run a couple miles on the treadmill.

10:55am

Amy: "So are you guys ready to go?"

Jack: (Coming up from under water and at the far end of kiddie pool) "NO! We want to stay all day!!"

Amy: "Um, ok, I'm going to do the BodyFlow class, I'll be back soon."

11:55am

Amy: "
So are you guys ready to go?"

Jack: "No, like one more hour."

Amy: "I'll go lift weights, I'll be back in 20 minutes."

So I get the kids to leave, and we head home. We stop at Subway for lunch, and they are out of bread. Seriously, out of all their bread. WTF. We decide to go home and have pb&j's.

I then feed the boys, drop them at Luke's house (they wanted a different environment) and go take the wieners for a nail trim which, is right next to work, so I stop and say "hi" to all the smokers hanging out in the beautiful weather and they oogle my dogs. Then, some moron goes up over the curb and crashes into the light pole in front of our building, for no reason we can figure, and he totals his truck. The light pole wasn't doing too good, either. I need to start smoking again, all the exciting stuff at work happens in the parking lot. I never did figure out why the fire truck, police, and ambulance showed up at the office last week. All these things I miss!!

Now, it's about 4 and I would normally be coming home from work. I need to get dinner started and my piano teacher comes in a hour. All in all, it was a good day off. I updated my blog, I did take the wieners for a walk when I got home, and I got a bunch of laundry done.

Hooky or not, it was a great day. If for no other reason, most everyone else I know HAD to actually go to work.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home